When you don't give up, YOU CANNOT FAIL!

"All I ask is one thing... Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record, it's my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien's final monologue

“Don’t ever let somebody tell you…you can’t do something. You got a dream..you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves..they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something go get it“.

2013年1月4日 星期五

[轉貼] Beast Mode: Fitness Model Simeon Panda Talks With Simplyshredded.com


Beast Mode: Fitness Model Simeon Panda Talks With Simplyshredded.com

Quick stats

Age: 26
Height: 6’1” – 185 cm
Weight: 230 lbs. – 104 kgs

How did you get started with bodybuilding?

I started lifting at the age of 16, I was a skinny teenager and there was a really big guy at my college in the year above me that was muscular and ripped. I remember asking him how he got that way and he said he simply bought some weights and trained at home. I purchased weights that same day and fell in love with working out. I remember I would get back from college excited to train.
Nothing really has changed as now I get back from work and I’m still excited to train.
I would work out every day without fail, I remember the first time I realized I was on to something; I was training in my living room and a friend of my brothers who had not seen me in a while came over and was shocked and said I was huge. That really motivated me to go at it even harder. I bought new weights that were heavier and started to do some research as thus far I had just been improvising. Reading and understanding what each muscle was and how to build it was the key to achieving the symmetry I have now.
Jump a decade of consistent training and dieting with no gaps, a wealth of knowledge acquired and we arrive to where I am at now, if I’m honest those first ten years now feel like a warm up, I feel like I have just completed the foundation and now the building begins.

Where does your motivation come from?

I’ve been asked this question on numerous occasions and I used to be stumped on what to say, this was because training to me is one of the most enjoyable things in my life, so when I thought about what motivated me to do it, the first thing that used to come to mind was just simply ‘fun and enjoyment’ which just didn’t seem like a legitimate answer to someone trying to gauge where my passion came from.
Now when I am asked I know exactly what drives me, it’s a combination of many things; I have always strived to be better, I love to see progress and I want to achieve the unimaginable.
I receive so many emails from people who are inspired by me, this motivates me more than anything, when I train now I feel like I am doing it for them too, I feel like I need to show them all what can be achieved through natural bodybuilding if you put in 110% and do it right.

What workout routine has worked best for you?

Working with heavy weight has worked best for me throughout my years of training both mentally and physically. I say mentally because nothing gives me the same buzz as moving a tremendous amount of weight. I normally do a warm up set then go straight into lifting heavy, this has been the most effective way for me to pack on size. Muscle growth occurs when your body attempts to repair the damage you put it through, therefore at some point your body will adapt to even the best routine, to counter this I cycle my training style.
Full Routine:

Monday: Chest

  • 8 sets of Bench Press ranging from 20 – 1 rep
  • 8 sets of Incline Press ranging from 20 – 1 rep
  • 6 sets of Cable Fly’s low ranging from 20 – 6 rep
  • 6 sets of Cable Fly’s high ranging from 20 – 6 rep

Tuesday: Legs

  • 3 sets of Leg Extensions 20 reps
  • 8 Sets of Squats ranging from 10 – 4 reps
  • 8 Sets of Leg Press ranging from 12 – 15 reps
  • 8 Sets of Lying Leg Curl ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 4 Sets of Calf Presses on Leg Press Superset with Raises off the wall 20 reps
  • 4 Sets of Donkey Calf Raises Superset with Raises off the wall 20 reps

Wednesday: Back

  • 8 sets of Bent Over Row ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Lat Pull Down ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Seated Row ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 6 sets of Single Arm Row ranging from 10 – 6 reps

Thursday: Shoulders

  • 8 sets of Shoulder Press ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Dumbbell Lat Raises ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Front Raises ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Barbell Shrugs ranging from 20 – 6 reps

Friday: Arms

  • 8 Sets of Close Grip Bench Press ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Preacher Curls ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Pushdowns ranging from 20 – 6 reps
  • 8 sets of Hammer Curls ranging from 20 – 6 reps

Saturday

  • Rest

Sunday: Legs

  • 8 Sets of Leg Extensions 20 reps
  • Dumbbell Walking Lunges 20+ Laps of the gym
  • 4 Sets of Calf Presses on Leg Press Superset with Raises off the wall 20 reps
  • 4 Sets of Donkey Calf Raises Superset with Raises off the wall 20 reps

If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?

  1. Squat – Absolutely nothing is more difficult and produces more results than the squat, nothing.
  2. Bench Press – The bench press is fundamental in a bodybuilders routine, you get to move a lot of weight through multiple muscle groups.
  3. Deadlifts – The deadlift is the king of mass gaining exercises, it works more muscles simultaneously than any other movement.

What is your diet like?

My diet is very strict, I eat clean all year round having the odd cheat meal on the weekend.
I eat a lot of chicken, fish, red meat and I love vegetables.
Sample Diet:
  • Meal 1: Oats, Banana & Almonds
  • Meal 2: Rice Cakes & Cottage Cheese
  • Meal 3: Wholegrain Rice, Chicken Breast & Vegetables
  • Meal 4: Wholegrain Rice, Chicken Breast & Vegetables
  • Meal 5: Wholegrain Rice, Chicken Breast & Vegetables
  • Meal 6: 8 Egg Whites & Smoked Salmon
  • Meal 7: Mackerel & Vegetables

When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?

As a result of my strict diet my body fat always remains low, I stay cut all year round.
However when I do want to cut down even lower I find slow cardio brisk walking on a treadmill or using the step machine works for me.

What is your supplementation like?

I’m currently taking:
  • BCAA’s
  • L Glutamine
  • Cod Liver Oil
  • Creatine Monohydrate
  • Whey Protein

Favorite Quote?

“Though some may be able to throw a stone up a hill I am prepared to push a boulder up a mountain lest I do not try.” – S.Panda

沒有留言: